Friday, December 30, 2011

Birthday and a Broken Ankle!

December 30, 2011

A Birthday For me and A Broken Ankle for Mimi!



Today was the day we were celebrating My 30th birthday with Mimi and Papa Rick! First let me start by saying how wonderful Mimi is to us! SHe has kept you the majority of Christmas break since your Daddy and I have had to work and your Preschool is not back in session until January 4th. She always comes to pick you up in the morning. Well today was no different...She got there and we were all outside on the front steps and as you all were leaving Mimi tripped or miss-stepped and you and her fell down the stairs. I watch this all happen I swear in Slow motion! It was terrifing for me, Mimi, and you! Thankfully you were you physically fine just seriously scared and upset! Poor Mimi was hurt pretty bad and her ankle looked frightening to say the least. Once she sort of recovered I got her in the house and we called Papa Rick who at that time was out Hurting. No long after we called him he was at the house and we got Mimi in the car and they headed for hospital. About an hour later Sarah Mimi very good friend showed up at our house to stay with you until Daddy could get home so that I could go to work. It was a very unfortunate and eventful morning! THen I got the call from Mom saying that the x-rays showed that her ankle was broken nad that she had an apointment with the Orthopedic surgon next week. Poor Mimi.....

Inspite of this terrible event Mimi and Papa still wanted to do my birthday. That evening we headed over for My Birthday Celebration! Papa Rick Grilled Steaks and Chicken and he did baked potatos and Salad! I must say he made one delicious Birthday Meal for me! My little Party wasn't what Mimi had wanted but I thought it was pretty great! Mimi always does the neatest things for me...SHe had a big basket filled with 30 little Gifts


for me to open!!!! Caroline and I loved that!

I think we opened presents like the entire time we were there! It was great! I love having a Birthday!

My 30 gifts minus one, The Cupcake picture holder!



xoxo,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment