Saturday, December 24, 2011

IT'S Christmas Eve

December 24, 2011

Happy Christmas Eve Caroline!

I love Christmas Eve! Since we moved back to Van Buren we have had the Big Christmas Eve get together with Papa’s Rick’s Family at our house! This year I made sure to have everything ready ahead of time so that we could spend the day together do Christmassy things! We baked cookie for Santa Claus and watched Christmas movies and spent some time enjoying Prep N Landing the Elf ! I picked up some of the Break N Bake Chocolate chip cookies with red and green chips. These are a favorite! I came across some sugar cookies with Christmas colored images on them! These Cookies are So Neat! We got all set up at the Kitchen table and you went to work on your cookies for Santa! You did all of the sugar cookies all by yourself! You punched them out and then trimmed all of the extra dough of f of each cookie! I was so impressed!!!




This took quite while to do too! We both worked on the Break N Bake Cookies! Then we popped them into the oven for baking! I must say they all turned out DELISH!



That evening we got ready for the Big Christmas Eve Family Party! The Dodson’s came over early and you got to play with Drake, Ella, and Isaac for a while before everyone else arrived. You all sat on the couch and exchanges little Christmas gifts! It is amazing how much all of you have grown in a year!


Becky and I started getting food ready and put out on the table and it wasn’t two seconds before you, Ella, and Drake were at the table trying everything!

We always do the White Elephant Game and this year you picked out everyone’s gift and took it to them to open! You were a very good “Santa!”


I the end of the night I ended up with an Adair Ya Candle! It smells amazing! I honestly cannot remember what Your Daddy ended up with! Next year Becky and I think that we should have name drawing for all of the children! I expect that will be what we do!

It was certainly a wonderful evening! After the White Elephant all of the kiddos got into their pajamas! You and Ella had some snacks from the table and then everyone headed home to get in bed for Santa’s Arrival! Thank goodness I put three of the cookie you made for Santa back because every single one of them was gone by the end of the evening! You and I got Santa’s Cookies and Milk ready to put out. You had to taste the milk and the cookies just to make sure they were PERFECT for Santa!



Then you took them over and sent them by your little Christmas tree and Off to bed you went!

Merry Christmas Eve Caroline!
I LOVE YOU!
♥Momma Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment