Saturday, October 30, 2010

October 30th....The day I found out

October 30, 2010

Sweet Caroline,

It was exactly two years ago on this very day that I found I was pregnant with you! This is truly the day where our journey together began and what a wonderful Journey it has been. It was ironic and shocking how we found out you were on your way! Let me just start from the beginning….This might be tad bit long.

I had two Miscarriages before I was pregnant with you and it took a very long time to get pregnant after the first pregnancy/miscarriage. As you can image I was thrilled to learn of both pregnancies. I actually waited an entire week and a half to tell Eric about the first one. It was Valentines Day 2007 when I told tell him that we were going to have a Baby! Sadly that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 12 weeks and I was devastated. Then 15 months later we found out we were pregnant again! I was positive that this pregnancy could not end in a miscarriage since that had already happened to us….how very wrong I was. At my 16 week appointment I was told that the Baby had no Heartbeat and I would need to have a D & C. I was crushed. Eric was incredible throughout the awful experience. After all of this my Dr. said she was going to call in a referral for me to Tulsa Fertility Clinic and that Dr. Blackwell was wonderful and could help me. All I had to do was call when I was ready and make the appointment.

Well, I finally called and made the appt for Friday October 30th. Then Eric and I were going to leave from there and head to Dallas for a little weekend trip. Dr. Blackwell was AMAZING! She sat down with us she went through my medical History; she walked us through a ton of information, and options. She restored my faith and I knew everything was going to be okay. I also had forty different Blood tests done and a physical done while there and that is when it was discovered that I had endometriosis and something that might possibly be a baby early in the first trimester! So I had one more blood test done….a pregnancy test to confirm or deny what was found. After a long day at Tulsa fertility Clinic we decided to head back home instead of going straight on to Dallas. We were almost home when I got the call….. “Congratulations! You are 5 weeks and 6 days along and everything looks healthy! We need to make you another appointment for two weeks from today!” I was completely unprepared for that bit of information. The only thing I could think was I am not ready to go through losing another baby again and is the for real?! So for the next 16 wks we made trips up to TFC evry two weeks! As you know by now this pregnancy resulted in a Beautiful Baby Girl. I now know if the bad had not happened I would not have you, My Sweet Sweet Caroline. God was just not quite finished making you perfect. You were absolutely worth the wait and I would do it all over again!

Babies are Truly Stardust Blown from the Hand of God.

I Love Forever and Always,
♥Mommy

2 comments:

  1. OK really....that made me cry. I love you Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that cried while reading this!!

    ReplyDelete